Director of Women's Ministry
(Part-time; 26 hours per week)
deadline for accepting resumes/applications
is September 16, 2019
Purpose: To provide vision, leadership, and discipleship to the women’s ministry of our church.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and direction for women’s ministry with an emphasis on connecting women to one another through the women’s small group Bible studies of First Pres.
- Develop spiritual mentoring/discipleship opportunities for older spiritually mature women of our church to help mentor younger women of our church through small group Bible studies.
- Schedule regular lunches and breakfasts with women to help ensure they are individually integrated into the life of our church where they can use their gifts in ministry.
- Working with the women’s ministry team help form small group volunteer service opportunities as the Lord leads and grows the ministries.
- Provide oversight and direction for volunteers from the women’s ministry team to plan effective outreach events for our church and the greater community that will help women connect andgrow in Christ.
- Provide oversight and direction for volunteers from women's ministry team to collaborate with other churches in our area to plan major women’s events for Amarillo.
- Provide strategic vision and direction for women’s ministry consistent with vision of the Senior Pastor and First Presbyterian Church.
- Participate in weekly staff chapel and staff meetings as well as staff retreats.
- Participate in annual review process with supervisor
- Other duties as needed by Senior Pastor.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teach Sunday school and Wednesday Night classes as needed
2. Working with the women’s ministry team to organize retreats and/or mission trips as
Knowledge and Skills
Called by the Lord to this ministry as a part time vocation; someone who loves Jesus and values people over programs; who has a passion for discipleship and specifically women’s ministry. One who is committed to making disciples of Jesus Christ both inside and outside the walls of First Presbyterian Church.
This person should have experience in working with women’s ministry
That this person has gone through the difficult but great joy of trials and sufferings that refine the heart to become humble and compassionate.
Prepare and present the annual budget for Women’s Ministry.
Stay under budget for women’s ministry once the budget has been approved by session.
Extent of Public Contact
This position is in contact with staff, elders, volunteers, other women’s directors, members and visitors of First Presbyterian Church.
This job is divided into 40% in the office and 60% out of the office. The 40% of the time in the office will primarily include time teaching a Sunday school or Wednesday night class as needed, organizing events, leading women’s ministry team meetings, participating in weekly staff chapel and meetings. Majority of the time out of the office will be contact work or mission trips, retreats, etc. The work out of the office could present different physical demands (i.e. mission trips, retreats, etc.).
Working Conditions and Environment
There is necessary travel with this job, i.e. retreats, mission trips, contact work, and conferences. This job requires 26 hours a week, but when the women’s director work’s more than 26 hours in a given week, it is expected that she will work less the next week to offset the work that was done the previous week. For the year the women’s director should work 26 hours a week, 48 weeks a year, or a total of 1,248 hours a year.